How to stay moisturized this fall with all natural ingredients: Part II
Last week, we talked about a few ways you can stay moisturized this winter with natural scrubs and products. This week, we’re continuing our list of tips by dishing out some more great DIY tips on how you can have healthy (and moisturized) skin the natural way.
To start, remember that your body is a battleground! You deal with outside factors such as damaging sun rays and toxic air, as well as toxins from inside your own body, stress hormones and the effects of that order of large fries. Luckily, there are simple things you can do to help prevent or reverse all damage and develop good habits along the way.
1. Drink water with lemon. You've probably heard that 8 cups a day is enough, but science says it should actually be closer to 13 8oz glasses so shoot for that amount!
2. Wash your face with warm water every morning (and night) Also, exfoliate twice a week in place of a cleansing wash
3. Moisturize with at least SPF 30 (rely on your spray tan, not the damaging UV rays!)
4. Sanitize your phone (and don’t hold it on your cheek). Your phone holds so much bacteria that can cause breakouts and damage to your skin.
5. Take daily vitamins. Vitamins like E oil will help clear blemishes.
6. Exercise Even if it’s just a 20 minute walk a day, it is incredibly important!
7. Change your pillow case every couple of days to wash away germs and bacteria.
8. Clean your make up brushes every couple weeks.
9. Replace makeup every couple of months. Review product expiration dates and recommendations.
10. Have a professional check for moles, freckles, and spots at least once a year.